Accounting & Finance Corporate Governance
No application fee!!!
Please submit your application form together with the supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrollment Center for application.
*Application Deadline: 5 December 2022 (Monday)
The role of a company secretary becomes more important nowadays, especially those working in listed and non-listed companies in Hong Kong. Company secretary helps to promote best practices, and advise the Board of Directors on the latest development in regulatory and legal requirements and standards. Thus, a company secretary possessing good company secretarial knowledge would enable one to gain a competitive edge in one's career path.
This programme aims to provide students who are interested in the company secretarial field with practical skills and professional knowledge. These include matters and procedures associated with the duties of a company secretary, legislation, listing rules, company share capital, corporate compliance, the conduct of meetings and writing of minutes.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Identify and describe the role and functions of company secretaryship pertaining to compliance with company policies government rules and regulation, and the proper running of company business;
- Explain the procedure of incorporating the different types of companies and their terminations;
- Identify the implication of different types of share capital, share registration practice and methods in raising new capital;
- Explain matters pertaining to listing the company and the listed company's obligations in notifiable transactions, insider dealing and directors' responsibilities to avoid insider dealing; and
- Prepare notices, agendas, resolutions and minutes of company meetings.
- Companies Incorporation and Companies Meetings
- Duties of Director, Board Committee, Secretary, Auditor
- Types of Capital, Methods of Capital Raising, Procedure in Share Registration Practice, Transfer and Transmission
- Alteration of share capital
- Annual reports and accounts, Annual General Meeting
- Securities Futures Ordinance (SFO), Listing Rules, Regulations and Application
- Termination of Companies
- Non-Hong Kong Companies establishment in Hong Kong
- 40% Group presentation
- 60% Assignment
Students who have successfully fulfilled the course assessments (i.e. passed the group presentation AND assignment PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes) will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE "Certificate for Module (Company Secretarial Practices)".
|Application Code||2060-AC081A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 10:30a.m.- 2:30p.m. (2 hours only for the last session)
- 30 hours per programme ; 8 sessions
- Any of the HKU SPACE’s Learning Centres in Hong Kong Island
- Ms. Yu
i) have gained in the HKCEE Level 2 /Grade E or above in English Language, or equivalent; OR
ii) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in English Language; or equivalent; OR
iii) be aged at least 21 or above with two years of work experience
* Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merits; if necessary, interviews may be required.
** With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B), Grade C in Syllabus A as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in HKCEE.
- Course Fee : HK$5000 (non-refundable and course materials included)
- (*Course Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Company Secretarial Practices)
|COURSE CODE 33C120607||FEES $5,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8317|
Continuing Education Fund
Assessment and Completion Requirements
To be eligible to claim CEF Reimbursement, students MUST successfully complete the courses (i.e.passed the group presentation AND assignment PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes).
For Continuing Education Fund (CEF) application procedures, please click here.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Company Secretarial Practices)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormPayment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Corporate Governance