Business & Management Business Management
This information seminar provides details about: Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Management Advanced Diploma in Business Management
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Management programme aims at fostering awareness of dynamic worldwide context and providing opportunities to develop global, regional and domestic management skills. Students will acquire in-depth knowledge and understanding of functional disciplines associated with international business and identify their contribution to strategic decisions.
University of Plymouth qualifications are well-recognised internationally. Graduates of this programme may pursue further studies in business management, managerial leadership, international management or business-related disciplines at the postgraduate level.
The top-up degree programme consists of 9 modules. Each module comprises 20 credits and 45 lecture hours.
|No.||Module Title||Credit||Fee (HKD)|
Current Issues in Management (to be offered in September 2022 semester)
|5.||International Trade and International Finance||20||$14,600|
|6.||International Business Communications||20||$14,600|
|7.||Enterprise and Innovation (to be offered in September 2022 semester)||20||$5,800|
|8.||Marketing Fundamentals (to be offered in September 2022 semester)||20||$5,800|
|Total:||180||$105,000 (Payable in 3 Installments, $35,000 for each installment )|
The duration for the programme: minimum 18 months.
Students are strongly recommended to attend the induction sessions, which comprise of an introductory session and a 12-hour Academic English Workshop plus a 1-hour test.
(The sequence of the modules is subject to change in accordance to the policy of University of Plymouth)
(The module fees are subject to change without prior notice)
|Application Code||2045-MS126A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Friday, evenings (may occasionally other weekday evenings)
- Saturday, afternoons and evenings (occasionally Sunday afternoons and evenings)
- All modules consist of one block-weekend teaching
- 3 modules per term; 3 terms (minimum) to complete
• Two terms per year
• Term starts in September and March each year
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
A. I. Hold a recognized Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate Degree
in a business-related discipline awarded within the HKU system through
II. a) Hold a recognized Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate
Degree in a business-related discipline awarded by a recognized
b) Provide evidence of English proficiency, such as
- HKCEE English Language at Level 2; or
- HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)); or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 2; or
- an overall band of 6.0 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 500 in the paper-based TOEFL or a score of 173 in the computer-based and a score of 4.5 in the Test of Written English
Mature students (according to University of Plymouth regulation) and applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who do not have a business-related academic qualification may be required to take additional module(s) on a case-by-case basis before the start of the programme.
HK$200 HKD200 (non-refundable)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- A non-refundable $200 application fee;
- Photostat copies of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- Photocopies of all relevant educational qualifications and workproof;
- Original certificates and transcripts of relevant qualifications, which are needed for certification by HKU SPACE;
- One passport photograph.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics