Business & ManagementSupply Chain and Logistics Management
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics
- Awarded by
University of Plymouth, United Kingdom
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 26 Sep 2020 (Sat)
- 1.5 years to 5 years
For more details:
This programme is in collaboration with the Plymouth University, UK, and you’ll be introduced to key elements of national maritime policies, governance and operations around port and transport activities, international logistics and developments in these areas – all within the context of globalisation and for better understanding of developments of ports and terminals. It's practically designed for those who are interested or working in shipping, maritime-related and logistics industry.
Eligible students can apply "MATF" offered by Transport and Housing Bureau, HK government, for 80% fee refund after completing approved modules, subject to a cap of $18,000.
University of Plymouth – Plymouth Business School offers a portfolio of wide-ranging Logistics & Supply Chain management courses.
** MATF is launched by Hong Kong Transport and Housing Bureau (THB) and the student's eligibility is subject to the determination of THB. For details, please visit THB's website.
|Application Code||1845-MS079A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Friday, evenings (may occasionally other weekday evenings)
- Saturday, afternoons and evenings (occasionally Sunday afternoons and evenings)
- All modules consist of one block-weekend teaching
- 1.5 years (minimum), 5 years (maximum)
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
1) hold a recognized Professional Diploma or Higher Diploma in the discipline of
logistics, transport, shipping, operations, or trade awarded within the HKU system
through HKU SPACE or from other recognized institution sand have studied
“Maritime Law” before proceeding to this programme; and
2) provide evidence of English proficiency:
(i) HKDSE English Language at Level 2;
(ii) HKCEE English Language at Level 2;
(iii) HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of
English Language (Syllabus A)); or
(iv) A score of 6.0 or above in the IELTS or a score of 500 in the paper-based
TOEFL, a score of 173 in the computer-based TOEFL and a score of 4.5 in
the Test of Written English; and
3) have 2 years of full-time work experience in the area of logistics, transport,
shipping, operations or trade.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will also be considered on individual merits.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$5,190 (Local Enrichment Modules; All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- HK$13,900 (UoP Modules; All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics