Social Sciences Psychology & Counselling
In the era of digital economy, executives should not only be professional in their functions but also know how to engage their people, including open communication, value people over task, team approach, accept ambiguity and facilitate staff's development. This programme will improve your knowledge and skill in coaching. But, more important is before coaching others, you need to learn how to coach yourself: be more humble, willing to listen, be active in listening. Through the approach of coaching-based leadership, you will understand how to enhance yourself, at the same time, improve performance through the development of your staff.
Who Should Attend
The programme aims at placing emphasis on the values of people and how students develop their potentials through objectives setting. The roles of a coach are to encourage, guide and assist individuals or teams to review and set goals. Leadership focuses on leading teams to achieve common goals and leaders will make efforts to enhance employees’ initiative, creativity and teamwork. On completion of the programme, students will not only master the capability to read own self as well as others, but also be able to gain insights more rapidly into the needs of team members and develop their full potential to match with the organisational development. In addition, students can effectively apply coaching based leadership skills and knowledge in exerting one’s potential, excelling in own self, and facilitating individual members in the organisation for continuous learning and innovation.
The programme consists of 11 modules:
- Corporate Coaching and Leadership: Theories and Practice
- Personality and Leadership
- Coaching for Trust and Engagement
- Coaching Psychology
- Quantum Leadership
- Emotion Management
- Manager As Coach
- Team Coaching
- Diversity and Inclusion Management
- Building Sustainable Organisation Culture
- Final Project
Upon completion of the above modules, students will be awarded within HKU System through HKU SPACE a Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Coaching and Leadership Development. Meanwhile, only one module will be offered each month.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Integrate and apply theories of corporate coaching and leadership traits to drive organisation’s continuous development ;
- Make use of coaching skills for better self-understanding and motivate team members to develop their potential;
- Utilize coaching skills to provide coaching services to teams or executives in the organisation;
- Effectively apply situational coaching and leadership styles to enhance organisational capabilities;
- Integrate and apply leadership traits in a knowledge-based economy, supported by coaching skills and lead innovation and organisational change.
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Sunday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognised institution with 3 years’ relevant work experience.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$72,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
10/F., T. T. Tsui Building
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Attn: Ms. Vivian Leung
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card#;
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Psychology & Counselling