This one year programme for HKU SPACE students leads to a British Bachelors of Law degree awarded by Manchester Metropolitan University, and allows students who started their studies on the MMU pathway to avoid all PCLL Conversion exams.
This programme is for students who have studied at HKU SPACE on the Graduate Diploma in English and Hong Kong Law (Common Professional Examination) and is the final year of a fast track programme allowing students who study with HKU SPACE to complete all the law subjects currently required to apply for entry to the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) programme.
* Based on admissions to the PCLL in recent years of large numbers of students who, after completing both the Graduate Diploma in English and Hong Kong Law and the LLB (Hons) Hong Kong, were exempted from all PCLL Conversion exams. Please note that PCLL exam exemptions are subject to change.
Classes are scheduled to be delivered between September and April.
Teaching will draw on the expertise of both local lecturers and Manchester Metropolitan University lecturers.
Includes teaching by HKU PCLL staff (in their personal capacity).
Modules to prepare for the PCLL such as litigation procedure and advocacy are included in this programme to provide students with a head-start over their future PCLL class peers.
- Classes are expected to be delivered in dual-mode, both face-to-face (at HKU SPACE teaching venues) and live-streamed online via Adobe Connect. Depending on the social health situation and other restrictions, some classes may be delivered online only.
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Students must complete 3 full-modules and 2 half-modules.
Full-modules (PCLL programme prerequisites):
- Commercial Law
- Business Associations
- Law of Hong Kong Evidence
- PCLL Preparation Elective I (Civil Procedure with Advocacy)*
- PCLL Preparation Elective II (Criminal Procedure with Advocacy)*
[*These half-modules will be delivered as complementary precursors to the procedural subjects taught on the PCLL programme. The official title of these half-modules are subject to final confirmation.]
Assessment is by a mixture of coursework and examinations.
The LLB (Hons) Hong Kong is for students who have completed the Graduate Diploma in English and Hong Kong Law (Common Professional Examination) taught at HKU SPACE and awarded by Manchester Metropolitan University.
Priority for admission is given to students who have completed the Graduate Diploma in English and Hong Kong Law (Common Professional Examination) at HKU SPACE. Applications will only be considered from students who have completed other Graduate Diploma in Law programmes if spaces are still available after giving first priority to HKU SPACE students.
Students who have previously studied this programme are not eligible for admission for a second time.
It is also the responsibility of applicants to determine their eligibility to study this programme, which is intended for those having the right to live and study in Hong Kong (under current immigration rules, it is very unlikely any overseas applicants will be granted visas to study this programme).
- HK$48,800 tuition fee and £673 registration fee (2022/23)
With a history of several decades in Hong Kong, the LLB (Hons) Hong Kong has a long and proven track record of successfully preparing our graduates to continue on to enter the PCLL programme and legal practice in Hong Kong.
In recent years large numbers of graduates of the LLB (Hons) Hong Kong have successfully secured places on PCLL programmes at The University of Hong Kong (both full-time and part-time) and other universities, including some highly-prized government-funded places.
Since our graduates can avoid taking many extra conversion exams required of graduates of most other English law courses, they have enjoyed a much smoother pathway towards the PCLL.
Entry to the PCLL programme is competitive and admission criteria are subject to change. For more information, please click here.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- Students who have just graduated from the GDEHKL can use the enrolment slip they have received to enrol either by post or in person at any HKU SPACE Learning Centre before the application deadline.
- Former graduates from the GDEHKL need to fill in Application for Enrolment Form (SF26) and submit a copy of their GDEHKL certificate.
- Graduates of other GDLs need to fill in Application for Enrolment Form (SF26) and submit
In Person / By post
HKU SPACE Learning Centre https://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre
College of Humanities and Law, HKU SPACE, Units A & B, 12/F United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong KongPayment Method
1. Cash, EPS Or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- More Programmes of
- Professional Law Courses Law-Related Courses
- Relevant Programmes
- Graduate Diploma in English and Hong Kong Law (Common Professional Examination)