Accounting & Finance Accounting
The aim of the programme is to develop students with core technical knowledge and application skills to handle routine professional problems in the areas of law. It aims at providing students with an understanding of the overall legal framework in which businesses in Hong Kong operate. It will enable them to analyse and apply the relevant laws and principles applicable to business problems.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- analyse and apply the key aspects of corporate laws and regulations that govern the different forms of legal entites;
- explain the key aspects of the legal system and the key roles of external regulatory bodies in Hong Kong;
- analyse and apply the key concepts and principles of the law of tort and negligence;
- analyse and apply the key concepts and principles of the contract law;
- analyse and apply the key concepts and principles of the consumer laws;
- analyse and apply the key concepts and principles of the employment laws;
- apply the key concepts and principles of the bribery and corruption laws;
- analyse the key aspects of agency relationship.
- Key aspects of corporate laws and regulations that govern the different forms of legal entities
- Key aspects of corporate laws and regulations that govern public companies
- Key aspects of the legal system and the key roles of external regulatory bodies in Hong Kong
- Key concepts and principles of the law of tort and negligence
- Principles of the contract law
- Key concepts and principles of the consumer laws
- Key concepts and principles of the employment laws
- Key concepts and principles of the bribery and corruption laws
- Key aspects of agency relationship
Students are required to do a 3-hour written examination.
Students who are able to satisfy both the attendance requirement (minimum 70%) and pass the programme assessment will be conferred a "Certificate for Module (HKICPA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Business and Company Law)".
** ONLINE ENROLMENT IS PREFERRED **
Application for course is on first-come-first-served basis. Students must check with HKICPA (Tel: 2287 7455, http://www.hkicpa.org.hk/) to see if they are eligible to write the examinations.
|Application Code||2145-1878AW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||05 Sep 2023 (Tue)|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 11 lectures of 33 hours
Modules & Class Details
Venue: To be confirmed
The schedule will be changed according to the HKICPA Public Exam timetable. The course will end before the Public Exam.
- The class schedule is tentative. We reserve the right to make changes.
- A detailed timetable will be sent to registered students via email before commencement.
- The course will be opened subject to sufficient enrolment.
- If you are applying to / have enrolled for more than one programme/course with HKU SPACE, please check to ensure that there are no scheduling conflicts before submitting your application.
- HKU SPACE reserves all rights to make revisions or alternations to the course schedule, content, tutor or other details if necessary.
Fee & Entry Requirements
- Course Fee : HK$3,300
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Students must check with HKICPA (Tel: 2287 7455, http://www.hkicpa.org.hk/) to see if they are eligible to write the examinations.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (HKICPA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Business and Company Law)
證書 (單元: 香港會計師公會專業考試備試課程 – 商業及公司法)
|COURSE CODE 33C125757||FEES $3,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8391|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (HKICPA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Business & Co Law)
Online Application Apply NowEnrolment Method
Application Form Download Application Form
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
|Application Code||2075-AC076A||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||7 Mar 2023 (Tue)|
|Venue||To be confirmed|
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of