Business & ManagementBusiness Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Culture and Creativity Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1 year
- Course Fee
This programme is designed to give systematic and professional training to senior executives in cultural and creative business. With a specific focus on business models, content and creativity, as well as management, the programme will guide participants to become leaders in global creative business.
The programme is suitable for executives engaged in the field of digital entertainment (including video, gaming, anime, advertising, design, new media, etc.); executives working on digital transformation in traditional cultural and creative industries (including mass media, museums, artwork transactions, cultural tours, etc.); entrepreneurs, executives or investors who have evolved in the cultural and creative industries.
The programme aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills required in cultural and creative industries. It will also enable them to become professional managers in the global creative economy. After completing the programme, students should be able to grasp the unique nature and the business model of global cultural and creative industries. They should be able to effectively use cutting-edge technology and data analysis methods to guide market positioning and production; and will gain practical knowledge in organisational, financial and marketing management. All these facilitate students to make the best choice for their company or their own career development.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
Analyse the uniqueness of global cultural and creative business, and build the competitive advantage of their company with systematic managerial knowledge.
Comparatively evaluate the business model, market trend and policy environment of global cultural and creative business, and develop a strategy plan for their own company.
Efficiently use advanced technologies and data analysis methods to conduct audience analysis and product design, and manage and develop the prospective content capital with knowledge in intellectual property.
Use systematic knowledge in organisational, financial and marketing management to guide the positioning and operation of cultural and creative enterprises.
The programme consists of 9 modules:
- Creative Economy and Ecosystem
- Creativity Management and Content Capital
- Managing Innovation in Creative Business
- Strategy and Management of Creative Enterprises
- Audience Analysis and User Experience
- Socialnomics and Brand Leadership
- Strategic Management of Intellectual Property
- Financing Cultural and Creative Business
- Final Project
Students who successfully complete all the 9 credit-bearing modules and pass the assessment, will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a " Postgraduate Diploma in Culture and Creativity Management".
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution with 8 years relevant work experience.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$250,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
8/F, T.T.Tsui Building,
The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, H.K.
Attn: Ms. Jessy Gao
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management