Marketing & HospitalityMarketing Communications and Branding
Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 07 Dec 2020 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- 1 year to 2 years
The rapid aging society in Hong Kong and the pharma landscape connected among Hong Kong, Taiwan and China have created big business opportunities for pharmaceutical products and medical devices. To prepare the marketing and sales executives of pharmaceutical industry and medical device to capture the growing business and face the fierce competition in the market, HKU SPACE introduces the Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries to equip them with solid foundation of knowledge and skills for success in the field.
December 2020 INTAKE
Application Deadline: 23 October 2020
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 7 December 2020
The objectives of the programme are to equip the practitioners of pharmaceutical industry or medical devices business or those who intend to develop their career in marketing in these two industries with solid knowledge and practical skills in marketing, selling, tender planning and pitching, market knowledge and the latest trends in product development. The graduates of this programme will be able to develop marketing strategies, prepare tender proposal and manage business pitching abiding by regulations and code of practice of the industry concerned.
- Students can choose to focus on either the pharmaceutical market, or the medical device business
- Emphasis on practicality and the curriculum responds to the business needs of the pharmaceutical and medical device industries
- Interactive learning with lots of case studies, discussion and sharing by guest speakers
- Experienced and well-qualified lecturers
- Strong connection with the industries
|Five Core Modules|
|Two Elective Modules (select one)|
6a. Pharmaceutical Market
6b. Market and Product Knowledge of Medical Devices
Upon completion of 5 core modules and 1 elective module, students will be granted a Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- apply marketing strategies to promote pharmaceutical products, medical devices and related services to the target markets;
- integrate the knowledge and skills of integrated marketing tools to develop marketing solutions for the pharmaceutical products or medical devices; and
- develop business pitching plan and prepare tender proposal in conformance with the regulatory requirements, for pharmaceutical or medical devices business.
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
|Application Code||1860-MK075A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Applicants shall hold:
- A Diploma/ Advanced Diploma awarded by a recognized institution; or
- A Professional Certificate in Marketing awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE or equivalent.
Applicants with a science background are preferred.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$3,950 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
|COURSE CODE 33F127483||FEES $23,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127354||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127346||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Professional Pitching and Tender Planning (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127494||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Public Relations and Event Marketing (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127265||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Professional Selling and Sales Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127532||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Pharmaceutical Market (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127427||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Market and Product Knowledge of Medical Devices (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127273||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
Students of the Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries are eligible to apply for the affiliate membership of Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM) via HKU SPACE.
HKIM was founded in 1982. It is the only non-profit making and independent professional body for marketers in Hong Kong.
HKIM has been active in promoting marketing practices, expertise, standards, ethics and knowledge through activities, training and education programmes.
It is a founding member of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Alliance and the Asia Marketing Federation.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Professional Diploma in Marketing Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations Advanced Diploma in Marketing Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing Executive Certificate in Social Media and Digital Marketing Analytics Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers Executive Certificate in Professional Digital Media Selling Executive Certificate in Effective Digital Media Buying and Planning