Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Preparatory Course for Global MBA: Marketing for Managers
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 2 years
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$8800 per module
This MBA (Master of Business Administration) preparatory course aims to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA, University of London (UoL).
Academic Direction: Queen Mary
This MBA programme provides students with an opportunity to develop and apply master's level knowledge, understanding and skills within management, leadership, innovation & entrepreneurship content.
- Flexible Online Study plus Face-to-Face Lectures taught by local experts.
- Queen Mary ranked 14th in the UK according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018; ranked 121st in the world; ranked 11th overall in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) rankings in 2014.
- Good value for resources: 1-2 years duration of study; maximum tuition fees around HK$210,000 in total.
- Exemptions for CIMA and ACCA members of up to 5 modules (total 11 course modules).
- Accreditation from Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Students can ever gain Chartered Manager status through the MBA.
- Global University of London community of more than 100,000 alumni from 180 countries.
Preparatory Course for Global MBA
Each preparatory course is of 16 hours with an aim to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA. Comprehensive online learning material is to be provided by UoL and this preparatory course will provide the essential face-to-face tuition teaching support.
The Global MBA equips you with a well-informed understanding of the pressures and challenges facing today’s global business leaders, whilst enabling you to implement cutting-edge approaches to management that will ensure success in your future roles.
To complete the MBA, you will need:
- Six core MBA modules
- Four elective modules
- A Strategic Project
The Core Modules
- Accounting and Finance
- Economics for Managers
- Marketing for Managers
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Successful Leadership
To achieve the general MBA, you will have to pass these six modules, any four elective modules, and the Strategic Project.
- MBA (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MBA (Leadership)
Elective Specialism (“Entrepreneurship & Innovation”)
- Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Private Equity
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Innovation and Change
- Strategic Project: “Entrepreneurship and Innovation” Specialism
Elective Specialism (“Leadership”)
- Leadership and Management Models
- Leadership, Transformation, and Organizational Change
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Leadership and Ethical Decision-Making
- Strategic Project: “Leadership” Specialism
To gain a specialist MBA, you will need to complete the six core modules, plus four elective modules, at least three of which must be from your chosen specialist area, plus the Strategic Project (also in your chosen specialist area).
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Application for this Global MBA programme with UoL
Applicants must submit an application in line with the procedures and deadlines set out on UoL's website.
Mounting of each course is subject to sufficient enrolment and solely at the discretion of the School.
HKUSPACE Preparatory Courses Requirement:
No specific requirement. Students are welcome to enroll.
University of London Global MBA Requirement:
For direct access (Entry Route 1), students will need the following:
- A second-class honours bachelor degree or equivalent from an acceptable institution.
- Three years’ work experience in a managerial role (within the past five years).
UOL accept qualifications from around the world. If students have an appropriate professional award rather than a degree, UOL will consider this on an individual basis.
If students meet only one of these requirements, students can apply to join the programme via Entry Route 2.
For students’ application to be considered, students must have one of the following:
- A second-class honours bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent from an acceptable institution; or
- Three years’ work experience in a managerial role (within the past five years).
Students’ application will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Under this route, students are strongly advised to complete MBA Preparation Course (about 125 hours of study), and then take only one module (preferably core) in your first study session and one module in your second session. This will help students develop the necessary skills to complete the programme successfully.
References and Evidence
Students will need to submit at least one reference and some documentary evidence as part of your application. This will differ depending on students’ Entry Route and which criteria students meet. Students’ documents can be uploaded with online application or students can email them at a later date.
English Language requirements
Students need a high standard of English to study this programme. Students will meet UOL language requirements if students have achieved one of the following within the past three years:
- IELTS: at least 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in the written test.
- TOEFL iBT: at least 92 overall, with 22+ in reading and writing and 20+ in speaking and listening.
- Pearson Test (Academic): at least 59 overall, with 59+ in reading and writing and 54+ in speaking and listening.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (grade C or above).
Alternatively, students may satisfy the language requirements if students have at least 18 months of education or work experience conducted in English.
- Course Fee : HK$8800 per module (module (Fees are reviewed annually and subject to change without prior notice. Mounting of each course is subject to sufficient enrolment and solely at the discretion of the School))
- (Additional Costs - You will also need to budget for:)
- (1. Course Fee for University of London: Details please visit https://london.ac.uk/courses/global-mba#fees)
- (2. Exams: exam centres charge a fee for hosting your exams)
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
CMI (Chartered Management Institute) promotes the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. It is the only organisation that awards Chartered Manager status, the hallmark of any professional manager.
The core modules and project of the Global MBA meet the requirements of the CMI’s Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership. Upon successful completion of the MBA, you will also receive this Diploma.
Chartered Manager (CMgr)
If you have at least three years of relevant work experience, you can even gain Chartered Manager status through the MBA.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
University of London Global Master of Business Administration Application:
Students who wish to commence their studies in the 2018/19 academic year must submit their application forms as soon as possible.
How To Apply
The completed application form together with the following documents should be returned to HKU SPACE office in person at the following address during opening hours as below:
University of London (Admissions Office)
HKU SPACE Admiralty Learning Centre
Room 313, 3/F, Admiralty Centre
18 Harcourt Road
Opening Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
(Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed)
- original and photocopied evidence of your full name (including any change of name) and date of birth (i.e. Hong Kong identity card, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, deed poll or statutory declaration);
- evidence of every qualification listed on your application form, including original certificate/s and ONE set of photocopies; (Original certificate/s will be verified by our Admissions Office and returned to you immediately. If you cannot provide original certificate/s, you should contact the appropriate awarding/examining authority and arrange for them to send us direct a certified statement of results.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume and one work reference; and
- verification fee of $350 (this fee is non-refundable). Fees can be paid by cash, EPS and VISA/MasterCard.
Only registered students may apply to sit for examinations and such applications are handled by the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (HKEAA), not by HKU SPACE.
Tel: 3761 1122 Email: email@example.com
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
The University of London
The University of London (UoL), one of the oldest and largest universities in U.K., was established in 1836 by Royal Charter. The University is a federation of 19 self-governing Colleges together with a range of central academic activities. Its International Programmes allow students to undertake their studies outside London. The University stresses that the standard of the degree to ALL of its students, wherever they are studying, is the same. With effect from September 2009, HKU SPACE is an Affiliate Centre of the University of London in Hong Kong. This is to recognize that HKU SPACE has demonstrated a sustained commitment to developing high standard in respect of teaching, support and administration.
Lead College: Queen Mary
One of the UK’s leading universities, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL), provides academic direction and study support for the Global MBA. Queen Mary is responsible for the assessment of your degree. Queen Mary is one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of London, with 20,260 students from more than 150 countries. A member of the prestigious Russell Group, QMUL works across the humanities and social sciences, medicine and dentistry, and science and engineering, with inspirational teaching directly informed by its research. In the most recent assessment of research quality, the university was ranked ninth in the UK.