Accounting & FinanceFinancial Services and Insurance
Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Insurance
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 18 Oct 2020 (Sun)
- Next intake(s)
- 3-2021, 10-2021
- 12 months to 24 months
- Course Fee
- HK$3600 per module
HKU SPACE offers a range of Postraduate Diploma programmes ranging...
HKU SPACE offers a range of Postraduate Diploma programmes ranging...
This is a QF Accredited Programme and entitled 10 CPD hours!
Student's view: has worked in insurance field over 10 years, but not have a chance to learn the management area. This program is tailor made for insurance management level and covers broad area of knowledge for insurance industry. (e.g. risk management, sales management, human resources; financial management and compliance).
- 能更深入了解services marketing的重點，非常適合對service quality非常重視的保險行業，並將所學到的傳遞給國際的人
UNIQUE and ALL-ROUND knowledge in Insurance! A good chance for Middle/Senior Management to equip with updated knowledge and a postgraduate qualification!
Non-means-tested loans Scheme from Government.
Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000.
This programme is a one year part-time programme designed to equip with middle / senior Management competencies in insurance risk and management. The Postgraduate Diploma comprises 10 modules, of which two modules are eligible for CEF reimbursement. Students could also complete 5 modules to be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate.
The programme adopts the Specification of Competency Standards (SCSs) for the insurance industry under HKQF in its curriculum design. It uses a work-based approach, equipping students with the appropriate level of skills to address the managerial and risk management aspects in the insurance industry under an increasingly stringent regulatory environment.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Insurance programme aims to impart expert knowledge in insurance industry to students and develop their professional competencies needed to be a leader in the field.
Upon completion of the programme, student should be able to :
Identify potential threats and establish risk control for insurance organizations
Assess the possible legal risks in insurance
Identify motivational strategies and customer relationship management techniques to maximize the performance of business
Critically evaluate and apply corporate finance strategy and internal control in the management of insurance organizations
Formulate effective marketing and channel distribution strategies based on corporate development and changing market environment
Analyze the impact of regulatory requirements on manpower management in insurance organizations
Ms. Betty Lo, BSW PolyU HK, MEd Nott. MBA Wales, MCIM, MIHRM, BSW
Betty received her Master Degree in Business Administration in England and Master Degree in Education from the University of Nottingham. Coupled with her good academic background, Betty has gained extensive working experience in England, New York and Hong Kong, specialized in corporate planning, human resources management, and marketing management & personal sales training. She engages herself in part time training and consultative work, and provided services to organizaions including Toshiba, AT & T and Ove Arup. Her in-depth knowledge in management, special effort in curriculum design and her intuitive, genuine understanding of problems encountered by business people make her one of the most distinguished trainers in the field. Been serving the HKCAAVQ for 6 years, she is the first layer of subject specialists in the area of "Management and Administration". Her contribution is certified by the Council. She is also a frequent public speaker in HKMA and OUHK.
Mr. Kegan Chan, BBA UC, MBA HKU
Kegan is a qualified accountant and tax adviser with an actuarial background. He is currently working as an analytics consultant in a global risk management and insurance company. He is responsible for areas inculding Cyber Risk Quantification, Risk Tolerance, Risk Retention, Business Interruption, Supply Chain Resiliency, Crisis Management, Operational Risk and Enterprise Risk Management. His in-depth working knowledge and experience were gained from various finance, accounting and consulting roles adopted throughout Kegan’s professional career. Kegan has provided risk management services to clients spanning throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
Most assessments take the form of case studies, reports and essays. For the modules "Corporate Financial Management and Strategies" and "Insurance Contract and Regulations", students will be required to complete a two-hour examination for each. Students are required to achieve 70% attendance for each module.
Edinburgh Napier Univeristy has granted exemption of a 20 credits module to holders of Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Insurance on the following MSc Marketing suite:
- 18 hours per module; 3 meetings per module; 6 hours per meeting
The Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Insurance programme consists of ten modules. Each module comprises 18 hours of face-to-face lectures. Completion of modules 1 - 10 leads to Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Insurance awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE. Completion of modules 1 - 5 leads to Postgraduate Certificate in Management and Insurance awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE. There are two terms in an academic year. Students need to enroll at least two modules for first time registration.
# Management of Risk Exposure
|Risk and Crisis Management|
Financial Services Marketing
# Sales Management and Leadership
# Managing Channel Distribution
# Strategic Customer Relationship Management
# Corporate Human Resource Management
# Corporate Financial Management and Strategies
# Insurance Contract and Regulations
# Corporate Compliance in Insurance
# Modules with SCS contents
Classes will be held on Saturday or Sunday and each module takes three weeks of 6 hours per lecture to complete.
Tentative Schedule for Oct 2020 Intake
|1||18 Oct 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|2||25 Oct 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|3||01 Nov 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|1||15 Nov 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|2||22 Nov 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|3||29 Nov 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|1||06 Dec 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|2||13 Dec 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|3||20 Dec 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|1||10 Jan 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|2||17 Jan 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|3||24 Jan 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|1||14 Feb 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|2||21 Feb 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
|3||28 Feb 2020 (Sun)||10:00 - 13:00 ; 14:00 - 17:00|
Venue: To Be Confirmed (HK Island)
*The above schedule is subject to change when necessary.
I) a) hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution or
b) a recognized professional qualification plus five years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries
II) provide evidence of English proficiency (if the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English) such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$3600 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Financial Services Marketing and Sales Management and Leadership (Modules from Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Insurance)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09864-0||FEES $7,200||ENQUIRY 2867-8321|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Insurance
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.