Business & ManagementBusiness Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1 year
- Course Fee
China’s on-going healthcare reforms and internationalization bring both opportunities and challenges for the healthcare industry. With increasing marketization and capitalization of this industry, there is increasing need for professional managers with both global vision and local insight. Professional managers in healthcare industry are required to understand the duality of healthcare industry: being both public service-oriented and profit-seeking. Backed by scholars from HKU medical school and the healthcare industry in Hong Kong, the programme is designed to help senior executives in healthcare industry to be successful leaders in a fast-changing and complex healthcare landscape.
This programme is designed for senior management staff from various healthcare related institutions, including but not limited to public and private hospitals, government agencies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms, insurance and managed care organizations.
The programme aims to train executives in healthcare-related organisations with new ideas and concepts for managing modern organisations. Students will receive systematic and professional training about healthcare management. From a strategic perspective, they have to consider the current problems and challenges in healthcare industry. They can also master the knowledge of modern management and leadership skills required for this industry.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Analyse the internal and external environment for the healthcare industry and develop strategies to meet the needs of healthcare reform and social development;
- Establish the vision for organisation, plan and execute its competitive strategic plans;
- Establish an effective management system to allocate and use limited resources to stimulate profitability;
- Use information resources and economics analysis method to improve leadership decision-making;
- Implement quality control for hospital or other healthcare organisation and improve crisis management skills.
The programme consists of 9 modules:
- Healthcare Transformation and Innovation
- Healthcare Strategy and Operations Management
- Leadership and Team Building
- Finance and Cost Management
- Healthcare Quality and Legal Regulation
- Digital Management of Healthcare Industry
- Healthcare Emergency and Crisis Management
- Healthcare M&A and Investment Strategy
- Final Project
Students who successfully complete all the 9 credit-bearing modules and pass the assessment, will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a “Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Management”.
The applicant should have:
1) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; and
2) over 10 years work experience including not less than 5 years of management experience in healthcare industry.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$270,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
8/F, T.T.Tsui Building,
The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, H.K.
Attn: Ms. Jessy Gao
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management