Executive EducationSmart Finance
Executive Workshop - Essential Tools for Hedge Funds and Trading (and Other Asset Classes)
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 6 hours
- Cantonese Supplemented by English 廣東話，輔以英語
- Course Fee
This 1-day workshop aims to offer its participants an executive briefing on understanding the definitions of hedge funds, explore the investment process and trading mindset of a hedge fund manager, understand directional/tactical trading strategies, how to extract returns under different market conditions, and learn how individual investors can benefit from hedged style trading.
Essential Tools for Hedge Funds and Trading (and Other Asset Classes)
Learning Outcomes 工作坊目標
Upon completion of the workshop, the attendees should be able to:
- Understand the definitions of hedge funds
- Explore the investment process and trading mindset of a hedge fund manager
- Understand directional / tactical trading strategies
- Extract returns under different market conditions
- Learn how individual investors can benefit from hedged style trading
Who should Attend 合適報讀人士
- Traders, traders to be, and anyone who want to expose themselves to the US and global markets
- Investors who want to understand the psychological and the methodological side of trading
- Licensed representatives who want to expose themselves to hedged style of trading
- Keys to financial freedom
- Understand how geo-political events affect your investment decisions
- Development of hedge funds and managed futures
- Psychology of Trading
– How peak performance traders keep their consistency in the trading game
– Extracting investment returns from an inefficient market
- Application of financial derivatives:
– Hedging your portfolio risks using options and futures
– How hedged style traders make money under different market conditions
- Set up your own fund and a broad view on regulatory requirements
- How to prevent hedge fund frauds and the due diligence process
DATE & TIME 日期及時間
Date 日期：23 February 2019 (Sat)
Time 時間：10:00am - 5:00pm (total 6 hours 共六小時)
* Complimentary Lunch Session 1:00pm - 2:00pm
包括免費午餐 - 下午一時至二時
Venue 地點: HKU SPACE Learning Centre
Mr. Edward C. K. Chin (錢志健先生)
Hedge Fund Manager & Financial Columnist
Chin has 20 years of professional experience in securities trading, portfolio management, and hedge funds management. He was a portfolio manager and derivatives trader at TD Securities and a portfolio manager responsible for derivatives and portfolio management accounts at BMO Nesbitt Burns in Toronto, by implementing volatility arbitrage and market neutral trading techniques.
After relocating back to Hong Kong from Toronto in 2000, he held the position of Country Manager at Man Investments, the largest global hedge fund listed on the London Stock Exchange and part of the FTSE 100. Chin founded MDE Walters Capital in 2002, a specialist strategy consulting firm that advises the investment banking and financial services sector on funds set up, investment products distribution, hedge funds advisory, trading psychology, and advanced trading strategies in major financial centers in London, New York, and the Asia Pacific Region.
Chin writes an investment column at the Apple Daily every Friday. He is a board member of a family office with investments primarily in real estate and equity-based hedge funds. Chin is a Canadian Investment Manager (CIM), a Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI) and a fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Directors (FHKIoD). He studied speech communication from the University of Minnesota, graduated from the University of Manitoba in Applied Economics and received an MBA from the University of Toronto.
STATEMENT OF ATTENDANCE
A STATEMENT OF ATTENDANCE from HKU SPACE will be issued to all students who have successfully completed the workshop.
- Course Fee : HK$3000
- Early Bird Rate : HK$2500 (Early Bird Offer ends 10 days before application deadline)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or MasterCard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Smart Finance