Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Executive Diploma in Internal Audit
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- 1 year to 2 years
Thinking of specializing in internal auditing or making a move toward the auditing career path?
Yes, there are hundreds of jobs in the market; please visit michael page, jobsdb.com, Indeed.hk and efinancial career
Why the demand? It’s the internal auditors who are responsible for providing assurance on corporate governance, risk management, internal control and operations, in all types of business conditions.
Graduates of this programme are eligible to be awarded exemption of module one of another programme "Internal Audit in Financial Services". Internal audit in financial services such as bank, insurance and securities are also in great demand.
This programme aims to equip students with a comprehensive and an all-round knowledge and practices in internal audit. It also prepares students to sit for the professional examination of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), leading to obtaining the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) professional designation, a globally recognized certification for internal auditors.
Student may check the details through the website : https://na.theiia.org/Pages/IIAHome.aspx
Our upcoming Oct 2018 intake would be the last intake to run the 42-hours module 3.
New programme structure and the new course fees will be effective from Mar 2019 intake by the following:
Module 1: Internal Audit Basics (30 hours) - $6000
Module 2: Internal Audit Practice (30 hours) - $6000
Module 3: Internal Audit Knowledge Elements (51 hours) - $8250
Related links :
Programme Structure: This programme consists of 3 modules :
Module 1 : Internal Audit Basics (42 Hours)
Module 2 : Internal Audit Practice (42 Hours)
Module 3 : Internal Audit Knowledge Elements (42 Hours)
Oct 2018 intake would be the last intake to run the 42hours for module 3.
Assessment and Award
For each module, assessment is based on mid-test (30%) and internal final module examination (70%), students are also required to achieve 70% attendance.
The Executive Diploma aims to deliver the knowledge of internal audit as well as examination oriented. There will be mock examinations in form of mid-test and internal final module examination followed by examination review.
Upon successful completion of 3 modules, students will be awarded the Executive Diploma.
- 12 months (Maximum 2 years)
- Mr. Ben Wong, MAcc, FCPA (Practising), FAIA, ATIHK, CTA(HK)
- He has 15 years’ teaching experience in both academic and professional fields and has been working in the auditing field for over 30 years.
- Mr. Samuel Cheung, HKICPA, CGMA (US) and AICPA (US), Master in Professional Accounting (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University) and Financial Management (The University of Manchester); Lectures in international universities and professional institutes on professional accounting and Professional Exam Prep Programme
- Ms. Carol Ng was Head of Audit, Marsh & McLennan Co. Ltd., Asia Pacific (2005-2010); ACCA;ACFE; HKICPA; CISA
Oct 2018 Tentative Schedule
Module 3: Internal Audit Knowledge Elements (42 hours, 14 Lectures)
|1||08-Oct-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|2||22-Oct-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|3||29-Oct-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|4||05-Nov-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|5||12-Nov-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|6||19-Nov-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|7||22-Nov-18||Thur||7 - 10 PM|
|8||26-Nov-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|9||29-Nov-18||Thur||7 - 10 PM|
|10||03-Dec-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|11||17-Dec-18||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|12||07-Jan-19||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|13||14-Jan-19||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|14||21-Jan-19||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
|11-Feb-19||Mon||7 - 10 PM|
Venue: HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College (HPSHCC) Campus
Address: 66 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Final Examination Venue: To be Confirmed
Remarks: HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes.
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- hold relevant professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merits.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$6750 per module (Oct 2018)
- HK$6000 per module ( Module 1 & Module 2: Effective from Mar 2019 intake (30 hours))
- HK$8250 per module (Module 3: Effective from Mar 2019 intake (51 hours))
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit
行政人員文憑/ 行政人員證書 (內部審計)
|COURSE CODE 23Z07332-5||FEES Executive Diploma in Internal Audit : $6,750 per module x 3 modules = $20,250 Executive Certificate in Internal Audit : $6,750 per module x 2 modules = $13,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8322|
|Module 1 - Internal Audit Basics (Module from Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07276-0||FEES $6,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8322|
|Module 2 - Internal Audit Practice (Module from Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Internal Audit Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07277-9||FEES $6,750||ENQUIRY 2867-8322|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Applicants are required to submit the application form with supporting documents (including copy of HKID) at HKUSPACE Enrolment Centres in person.
Please present the academic documents and HKID (both original and copies for Verification) for the application process.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.