Leadership Enhancement and Development Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
1. provide students with specialized knowledge in new technologies and the technological requirements for business innovation; and
2. enable executives or entrepreneurs to acquire skills in evaluating the potential of digital innovation and its role in enhancing and sustaining competitive advantages of a business
In order to identify the technologies with true potential and grasp the new opportunities, we must know the capacities and utilization methods of the new technologies in business operations. This course will introduce the basic principles and applications of various trending technologies, as well as their implementation for digital transformation in business.
- Trending technologies introductions
(e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud Technologies, Extended Reality, 5G, Internet of Things, Mobile Solutions and Phototyping.)
- Impact of new technologies on the market environment
- Using technological business opportunities to generate competitive advantages and business success to the organization
- Managing technological change
- Digital Leadership
- Implementation of new technology
This 30-hour course will be held on Saturday, once a week.
|Application Code||2050-EP098A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Modules & Class Details
- 8 meetings
- 4 hours per meeting ( except for lecture 8 )
Location: HKU SPACE Learning Centre
Dr Kelvin Siu
Ir Dr Siu Kai Wing obtained BEng degree (Honours) in 2006, MSc (Distinction) in 2008 and PhD in 2013 from the University of Hong Kong. He is the Founder and CEO of a technology company called InnoSpire Technology Limited. The company has developed the mobile app WeVoice+ and smart glasses WeVoice Glasses. These assistive tools apply a hybrid “human+AI” algorithm to provide visual assistance to visually impaired users. Along with other awards, the project is a two-times winner of The Hong Kong ICT Awards and has won the Silver Award of The International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva in 2021. In addition, Ir Dr Siu Kai Wing has made different invited speeches on topics related to technology, social innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall hold:
- a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; OR
- an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; OR
- relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6,800
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormPayment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.