Business & Management Business Management
Executive Certificate in Data-Driven Decision Making for Managers
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 30 hours
- Course Fee
- HK$7,000 per programme
*Application Deadline: 30 June 2021 (Wed)
APPLY NOW !
This programme aims to provide paricipants with the practical knowledge of decision making with a data-driven approach. It will help to improve their understanding of data and emerging technology concepts, to communicate more effectively with technical staff and interpret data resources for better business decisions.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. assess the trends and development in digital innovation;
2. identify different types of data processing tools for managerial decision support;
3. effectively communicate with technical staff to apply data-driven strategies in the workplace;
4. analyze data-driven decision making process in the organizationals; and
5. evaluate ethical issues related to security, control and audit of data processing.
There are 6 topics, total 30 hours of lectures.
|1.||Introduction and Overview|
|2.||Big Data and Decision Making|
|3.||Database and Knowledge Management|
|4.||Evolution in the Digital Era|
|5.||Process of data-driven decision making|
|6.||Security and Ethical Challenges|
Ms. Puja Karki
Puja Karki is a management professional with over 20 years of international career in financial services, technology transformation, data analytics and control management. Currently working in a regional remit with a leading multi-national financial institution in Hong Kong, she has a depth of experience and extensive background particularly in banking and financial services. She has lived and worked across several developed and emerging markets in Asia, in senior country and regional roles.
Puja is a distinguished guest speaker on technology and digital domains and is an experienced catalyst for application of innovation in the industry. She is also well respected as a mentor in the industry and is currently a mentor with the Cherie Blair Foundation. She holds an MBA in finance and information technology from Indian Institute of Management.
Days / Time
|1||To be confirmed (Sat)||1:30pm - 7:30 pm|
|2||To be confirmed (Sat)||1:30pm - 7:30 pm|
|3||To be confirmed (Sat)||1:30pm - 7:30 pm|
|4||To be confirmed (Sat)||1:30pm - 7:30 pm|
|5||To be confirmed (Sat)||1:30pm - 7:30 pm|
Any of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres on Hong Kong Island
- 30 hours
- 5 meetings
Group project including group presentation and group report.
Applicants shall hold:
(a) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(b) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
(c) professional qualifications in Management and related discipline.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 HK$150 (non-refundable and not transferable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7,000 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to complete and return the application form with application fee HK$150 to any of our enrolment centres. Applicants should bring along with the following documents:
- HKID / Valid VISA (original and copy)
- Academic qualification supporting document(s) (original and copy)
- Working experience supporting document(s) (original and copy)
* Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKU SPACE Learning Centre for verification.Payment Method
1. CASH / EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. CHEQUE / BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
3. VISA / MASTERCARD
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- For general, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.