Architecture, Environment & HousingArchitecture
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 5 days
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
Research found that urban people spent more than 80% of time inside buildings. Think about your daily activities, you live at home, you study in school, you read in library, you shop in mall, you eat in restaurant, and even you do exercise in gym. All these activities happen inside buildings.
Do you notice that? How much do you know about a building even when you have spent more than 80% of your time inside it? Have you ever wonder how buildings keep us comfortable and safe? What systems and technologies are hidden inside the buildings that allow us to have clean air for breathing, water for drinking, air-conditioning for cooling, Wi-Fi for surfing online? This course will introduce to you all the fundamental elements and components that contribute in making a building work and function well.
|18 July||Lecture 1: Introduction|
|25 July||Lecture 2: General Construction Activities|
|1 August||Lecture 3: General Building Services|
|8 August||Lecture 4: Sustainability & Environmental Design|
Site Visit to HKU SPACE Kowloon East Campus
|Start Date||18 Jul 2020 (Sat)|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Island East Campus
- Mr. Li Fuk Ming, BA(AS)(Hons), MArch(Dist), HKIA, Registered Architect, LEEP AP, BEAM Pro, CGBC GBL Manager
- Course Fee : HK$3,200
- complete the enrolment form and enroll in the course(s)
- at the Enrolment Centres of HKU SPACE (please refer to the ‘Learning / Enrolment Centres’ section) by cash, EPS, cheque/bank draft or credit cards (VISA / MasterCard);
- by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
- apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.