Please refer to 'Introductory Spanish (Part 1)' and 'Introductory Spanish (Part 2)' for course schedule information.
Notes on Class Arrangements under the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 situation may still be fluid and constantly affect class arrangements in the coming months. The health and safety of our students will always be our top priority. To ensure that students’ academic progress is not affected, the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. Our respective Programme Teams will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements as necessary.
The programme is aimed at students with no previous or little knowledge of the language. It covers a range of everyday topics and situations and includes a balance of all four skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), as well as practice on key grammar points, vocabulary and pronunciation relevant to the level. By the end of the programme, students should be able to understand and use basic everyday phrases to introduce themselves, ask and answer questions about personal details. They will also learn language to deal with everyday situations like shopping, eating out, talking about their jobs, families and interests.
- This course lasts 120 hours and is comprised of two parts:
- Certificate in Spanish (Introductory) (Part 1) (60 hours)
- Certificate in Spanish (Introductory) (Part 2) (60 hours)
- The course has the same content and course structure as the year-long course "Certificate in Spanish (Introductory)".
- To obtain the HKU SPACE "Certificate in Spanish (Introductory)" or qualify for the CEF reimbursement, students must successfully complete BOTH Part 1 and Part 2 WITHIN 24 MONTHS.
- "Certificate in Spanish (Introductory) (Part 1)" allows students to explore the Spanish language before continuing with Part 2.
- Upon the successful completion of the "Certificate in Spanish (Introductory) (Part 2)", students can take the 120-hour course "Certificate in Spanish (Intermediate)".
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Unless any change is made to the advertised details, we will not issue joining instructions. If your application has been accepted, you should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown. All the necessary teaching materials will be sent to you at the first session.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
- Swapping between parallel groups (if any) is not allowed under any circumstances.
- No make-up classes will be offered for students’ absence.
- 120 hours (60 hours for each part)
3 hours per meeting
Introductory Spanish (Part 1) (not offered in Autumn 2022)
Introductory Spanish (Part 2) (Please click the link for more details and application)
Applicants shall have:
(a) no previous or little knowledge of the language,
(b) sufficient English proficiency to follow simple explanations in English.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in Spanish (Introductory) (Part 1 & Part 2)|
|COURSE CODE 24Z06966-5||FEES Certificate in Spanish (Introductory) (Part 1): $4,900; Certificate in Spanish (Introductory) (Part 2): $4,600||ENQUIRY 2975-5764|
Continuing Education Fund
The award-bearing Spanish courses are registered with the Office of the Continuing Education Fund as the CEF reimbursable courses.
The external test the student can take after the course for reimbursement of the course fee is the : DELE (Diploma Español Lengua Extranjera or Diplomas of Spanish as Foreign Language).
Full details about the CEF and the reimbursement procedures can be found on: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here for enrolment.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.