Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Governance)
證書 (單元: 香港特許秘書公會專業考試預備課程-公司治理)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 16 Aug 2020 (Sun)
- Next intake(s)
- February 2021
- 3 months
- Course Fee
The class is intended to be face-to-face teaching. In extenuating circumstance, face-to-face teaching would be replaced by online teaching.
The aim of this programme is to provide advanced knowledge and key skills which enable the company secretaries or governance professionals to perform as chief adviser to the board, management and other stakeholders on corporate governance’s best practice. Furthermore, act as the facilitator for the application of good governance through a wide range of organisations and corporation. It also prepares candidates to write the professional examinations of the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme, which is recognized worldwide. It is the students' responsibility to determine whether they are eligible to participate in the CGQP examination.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Critically apply global, regional and local information sources on corporate governance matters;
- Advise on the duties, role, membership and composition of directors and the effectiveness of the board within legal and regulatory frameworks;
- Apply the concepts of disclosure in terms of transparency, accountability, ethical standards, corporate social responsibility and sustainability in governance;
- Apply corporate governance concepts and principles in risk management for the board in an employer or client organization;
- Apply professional knowledge and skills to resolve problems and practical issues in the proper governance of corporation and organisation.
- Definitions and issues in corporate governance
- Development of corporate governance
- Role of the company secretary / governance professional in governance
- Other governance issues
- Directors’ duties and powers
- Role and membership of the board
- Balance, composition and succession planning
- Board effectiveness
- Financial reporting to shareholders and the external audit
- Corporate social responsibility, sustainability and business ethics
- Corporate responsibility and reporting on non-financial issues
- Systems of risk management and internal control
- Risk structures, policies, procedures and compliance
- Shareholders rights and engagement
- Board engagement with shareholders and other stakeholders
- Remuneration of directors and senior executives
* For details regarding course / examination syllabus, schedule and studentship requirement, please refer to https://www.hkics.org.hk/page.php?menu_id=4&sub_menu_id=106 or 2881 6177.
The passing mark for course assessment is 50. Students who have successfully fulfilled the programme assessments (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes) will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE "Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Governance)".
*Assessment methods, class schedule, venue and teacher are subject to change without prior notice.
Days / Time
- Sunday, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 36 hours per programme; 12 session(s); 3 hours per session
- Any of the HKU SPACE’s Learning Centres in Hong Kong Island
- Mr Samuel Lee
- Any interested party of 21 years old or above
- Should be either a Hong Kong citizen or have valid permit to study in Hong Kong.
Students should check with HKICS that they meet HKICS’s requirements and are eligible to write the examinations.
- Course Fee : HK$4,050 (non-refundable and course materials included )
- (*Course Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme - Corporate Governance)
證書 (單元: 香港特許秘書公會專業考試預備課程-公司治理)
|COURSE CODE 33C127237||FEES $4,050||ENQUIRY 2867-8317|
Continuing Education Fund
Assessment and Completion Requirements
To be eligible to claim CEF Reimbursement, students MUST successfully complete the courses (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes).
For Continuing Education Fund (CEF) application procedures, please click here.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (The HKICS Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Governance)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here to apply online.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of