Marketing & Hospitality Marketing Communications and Branding
Advanced Diploma in Marketing
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 08 Nov 2021 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- November 2021
- 20 months to max. 40 months
Online Information Seminar – Advanced Diploma in Marketing Series...
Marketing plays an important strategic role in business. To improve your employability and competitiveness, HKU SPACE offers a series of part-time Advanced Diploma in Marketing programmes to equip you with up-to-date practical marketing knowledge in selected realms of digital / social media marketing, brand management, retailing and marketing that will prepare you for career advancement and higher education at degree level. Programme Highlights:
- The programme comprises 10 modules which can be completed within 5 terms of part time studies
- Teaching for most modules consist of 33 to 36 hours of lecture plus 6 hours of tutorials delivered on weekday evenings or weekends
- Credit exemptions of up to 5 modules may be granted to those who have studied similar courses at equivalent level
- Students who complete any 5 modules may choose to exit with the intermediate award of Diploma in Marketing Studies
- Graduates of the Advanced Diploma will be able to apply to the top-up degree in Marketing/Marketing & Management offered in collaboration with the University of Hull with 9 modules (180 credits)' exemption
Programme Structure (From 2019 November Term)
Advanced Diploma in Marketing
Seven Common modules
1. Principles of Marketing
2. Services Marketing
3. Essentials of Accounting
4. Consumer Behaviour
5. Multichannel Marketing Communications
6. Introduction to Management
7. Marketing Research and Information
Two Specialism modules
8. Marketing Planning
9. Selling and Sales Management
10. One Elective Module to be chosen from the below:
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theories and best practices learnt in the marketing to develop marketing solutions for business,
- Apply basic accounting principles and fundamental management knowledge in marketing decisions,
- Integrate the tools of multichannel marketing communications including digital channels, social media, advertising, public relations to promote products and services to the target market,
- Utilise the knowledge and skills in marketing research and the principles of consumer behaviour to identify target market and determine the positioning for products and services,
- Integrate appropriate marketing and sales strategies to develop a marketing plan for products or services.
Depending on which elective module students choose to take, they may achieve one of the below outcomes:
- Apply basic knowledge of effective communication skills in business environment
- Deploy effective marketing communication tools to build and manage brands across market segments
- Apply legal principles and basic knowledge of economics in marketing decisions
Student who complete all 10 modules will be awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE an "Advanced Diploma in Marketing".
Students who complete any five modules may choose to exit the programme will be awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" .
Holders of this Advanced Diploma with CGPA 2.0 or above will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and ManagementDuration
- Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term and may complete the programme in 20 months.
For those, who enroll less than 2 modules in each term, may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; or
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; or
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; or
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 , non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$3950 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07949-2||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Consumer Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07927-1||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07928-A||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07926-3||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Services Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07930-1||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Selling and Sales Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07929-8||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Marketing Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10045-9||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07939-0||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108058||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108082||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Law (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108139||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with one sets of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Only application fee can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the Application fee and Course fees by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers Executive Certificate in Professional Digital Media Selling Executive Certificate in Effective Digital Media Buying and Planning