At HKU SPACE, we design and offer courses to meet your goals for General English, Business English and English for the Professions. These range from 30 hours to 90 hours and cover a broad spectrum of levels.
Reasons to improve your English at HKU SPACE:
- Polish your interpersonal and career skills
- Learn to communicate ideas more effectively
- Interact confidently with overseas and English speaking people
- Fine-tune your presentations and writing to project better impressions
- Stay up to date by learning about current English use
- Sharpen your competitive edge in today's global workplace
English Langauge Assessments
This is the benchmark test in support of Continuing Education Fund (CEF) reimbursements of English Language course and benchmark test fees. This replaces the former Business Language Testing Service (BULATS) offered by the University of Cambridge.
The Cambridge Assessment English offers organisations a quick and convenient way of checking the English Language proficiency levels of your employees – the Linguaskill Tests.
- Linguaskill General
- Linguaskill Business
- Linguaskill Test & Continuing Education Fund
- For Individual English Language Learners
- For Corporates
- For Immigrants
- For HKDSEE Candidates
- For University Applicants
- Linguaskill Test Report & Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Cambridge Linguaskill Test in Hong Kong
For details, please follow this link: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/collection/linguaskill
The Pearson offers a fast, fair, recoginzed and convenient test based on an unbiased approach - The PTE Academic test.
For details, please follow this link: https://www.hkuspace.hku.hk/collection/english/pte-academic-pearson-english-language-test
Assessment Preparation Courses
- Sort by
- Programme Title
Pronunciation and Fluency 1 will help you:
- improve your English pronunciation
- become a more fluent and confident speaker of English in different situations
- increase your range of useful English vocabulary
- introduce you to different native speaker accents
Through systematic and innovative delivery of flexible learning (i.e. real-time online lectures, face-to-face classroom teaching and self-paced asynchronous e-learning) blended with flipped classroom pedagogy (pre-lecture learning), this programme provides students with greater accessibility to English language resources, ample test-based practice and student-centred learning experience.