BusinessInnovation & Entrepreneurship
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Vision & Mission:
Growing ICE Talents for Knowledge Economy
Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) subject group aims at growing ICE (Innovation, Creativity, Entrepreneurship) talents through knowledge transfer with social and economic impacts for the sustainable development of Hong Kong and the region.
- nurture innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial talents to sustain organizations’ business growth through collaborations to create synergy, reduce risk, and share resources; and
- enable students to gain insight into challenges and opportunities in managing complex innovation projects across boundaries, cultures and generational differences.
- lead innovation with clear vision and strategy through conducting B2B market research with applied concepts and framework;
- manage innovation with in-depth market insights into customer needs, value-in-use, and competition for new product launch;
- apply B2B marketing skills to link R&D with markets, support knowledge exchange, and build strategic partnerships for new markets;
- analyze challenges and opportunities for cross sector innovation with economic and social impacts.
- Develop innovative and entrepreneurial talents with capabilities to create value by transforming creative ideas into innovative products for business growth
- Enable students to adopt market-driven innovation process as a guiding framework to access technology relevance as well as market needs for new product development
- Equip students with a set of methodologies to engage the right partners with solid value propositions for commercializing innovative products
- Develop innovative and entrepreneurial talents with capabilities to create value by transforming creativity into innovation
- Equip students with sufficient competence to leverage Intellectual Property (IP) in commercial settings to optimize knowledge-based innovation
- Inspire students' confidence in managing IP by equipping them with sound knowledge of relevant legal framework for innovation devleopment
- Train students to apply strategic thinking and win-win approaches to create synergy in collaborations of open innovation
This preparatory course aims to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA, University of London (UoL). This MBA programme provides students with an opportunity to develop and apply master's level knowledge, understanding and skills within management, leadership, innovation & entrepreneurship content.
The programme aims to:
1. Nurture entrepreneurial talents with the right mindsets and skillsets in creating and sustaining successful start-up business by transforming creative ideas into innovative products;
2. Enable students to understand critical elements in formulating a successful start-up business and assess supporting resources and available funding to build, develop, and sustain new business ventures; and
3. Equip students with a set of methodologies to effectively engage financial investors, key customers, and strategic partners in the early stage of start-up development.
- provide students with specialized knowledge in new technologies and the technological requirements for business innovation
- enable executives or entrepreneurs to acquire skills in evaluating the potential of digital innovation and its role in enhancing and sustaining competitive advantages of a business