SPACE Business English Entry Test
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Feb 2021
- 1 day
Please note the application deadlines for individual test sessions.
For admission to March 2021 Business English courses, please contact Ms Jasmine Chiu (2975 5880) / Ms Christy Chung (2975 5695) for placement test appointment.
Business English Programme Team
SPACE Business English Programmes The Advanced Diploma / Diploma in Business English programme is a module-based programme, offering flexibility to learners.
SPACE Business English Programmes
The Advanced Diploma / Diploma in Business English programme is a module-based programme, offering flexibility to learners.
There are six modules in this programme, with three possible exit SPACE awards. Eligible students can take an individual module on its own, with no obligation to enrol into any programme.
- Module 1: Modern Business Writing Skills (45 hours)
- Module 2: Modern Business Oral Skills (45 hours)
Upon completion of the first two modules, students gain the:
Certificate in Business English
Exemption for Courses 1 and 2 will be given to Diploma and Advanced Diploma applicants who can demonstrate language proficiency equivalent to Certificate in Business English graduates (with Merit Grade) in a written entry/placement test: the Business English Entry Test.
- Module 3: Professional Written Communication Skills (60 hours)
- Module 4: Report Writing and Presentation Skills (60 hours)
- Module 5: International Business Communication Skills (60 hours)
- Module 6: Professional Business English through Case Studies (60 hours)
Upon completion of any two of four modules, i.e., Modules 3 to 6, students obtain the:
Diploma in Business English
Upon completion of all four modules, i.e., Modules 3 to 6, students will be awarded the:
Advanced Diploma in Business English
Admission to the Business English Programmes
Get admitted to the SPACE Business English Programmes by:
(1) gaining direct entry by meeting the entry requirements (click the following programme titles for details) and identify the right course to apply for; or
(2) taking the SPACE Business English Entry Test (a 90-minute test which determines the most appropriate tier and the best module to take).
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Business English
- Certificate in Business English
- Certificate in Business English Usage (Foundation)
Applicants who do not meet the minimum entry requirements or fail to provide documentary proof(s) have to take a 90-minute Business English Entry Test.
Based on the Entry Test results, candidates will be offered a place at an appropriate level.
There is no guarantee that everyone who takes the SPACE Business English Entry Test will be offered a place in the Certificate or Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Business English programmes. Candidates whose performance indicates that they are below the Certificate in Business English level may be advised to take the Certificate in Business English Usage (Foundation) programme before continuing with the Certificate programme.
Entry Test sessions for Admission to Autumn 2020 Business English Programme.
Day / Time
22 Jan 2021 (Friday)
11 Jan 2021)
Fortress Tower Learning Centre, Fortress Hill, HK
* 6 Feb 2021 (Saturday)
2 Feb at 11:55 pm) 2021)
|For registration, please refer to Business English Day||Room 203, Admiralty Centre, Admiralty, HK|
* Enrol on the same day and enjoy Fee Waiver.
*Applicants taking the Business English Entry Test on Saturday 6 February 2021 should note:
[Please pay the Business English Entry Test Fee by cheque (payable to "HKU SPACE") on the test day at the test venue. The Fee ($200) will be refunded to those who enrol into a Business English course on the same day (6 February 2021).]
Reserve seats by online registration (available in January 2021):
Walk-in candidates are most welcome. However, you should arrive 15 minutes earlier for registration.
Should you have problems in meeting the above schedules, phone our course staff for arrangements:
Ms Jasmine Chiu
Ms Christy Chung
|Start Date||22 Jan 2021 (Fri) (Application deadline: 11 Jan 2021)|
|Time||7:00 - 8:30 pm|
|Venue||Fortress Tower Learning Centre|
- Entrance Test Fee : HK$200
Application Form Entry Test Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the SPACE Business English Entry Test Application Form. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Once you have made the payment, go straight to the SPACE Business English Test session you have requested. For identification purposes, make sure that you take your receipt / confirmation letter with you.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS Or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to “HKU SPACE” to any of our enrolment centres.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
- More Programmes of