Marketing Marketing Communications and Branding
The rapidly aging society in Hong Kong and the pharma landscape connectivity among Hong Kong, Taiwan and China have created significant business opportunities for pharmaceutical products and medical devices. To help marketing and sales executives of the pharmaceutical and medical device industries capture the growing business and face the fierce competition in the market, HKU SPACE has introduced the Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries to equip them with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills for success in the field.
2023 November INTAKE
Application Deadline: 7 October 2023
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 1 November 2023
The objectives of the programme are to equip the practitioners of the pharmaceutical industry and medical devices business or those who intend to develop their career in marketing in these two industries with solid knowledge and practical skills in marketing, selling, tender planning and pitching, market knowledge and the latest trends in product development. The graduates of this programme will be able to develop marketing strategies, prepare tender proposals and manage business pitching whilst abiding by regulations and codes of practice of the industry concerned.
- Students can choose to focus on either the pharmaceutical market, or the medical device business
- Emphasis on practicality; the curriculum responds to the business needs of the pharmaceutical and medical device industries
- Interactive learning with lots of case studies, discussion and sharing by guest speakers
- Experienced and well-qualified lecturers
- Strong connection with the industries
Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
Upon completion of all 6 modules, students will be granted a Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- apply marketing strategies to promote pharmaceutical products, medical devices and related services to the target markets;
- integrate the knowledge and skills of integrated marketing tools to develop marketing solutions for the pharmaceutical products or medical devices; and
- develop business pitching plan and prepare tender proposal in conformance with the regulatory requirements, for pharmaceutical or medical devices business.
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
Any HKU SPACE Learning Centres
|Application Code||2155-MK075A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Applicants shall hold:
- A Diploma/ Advanced Diploma awarded by a recognized institution; or
- A Professional Certificate in Marketing awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE or equivalent.
Applicants with a science background are preferred.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,150 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127354||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127346||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Professional Pitching and Tender Planning (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127494||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Public Relations and Event Marketing (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127265||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Marketing Planning and Strategy in Digital Era (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z14416A||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867 8499|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Professional Diploma in Social Media and Digital Marketing Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Certificate for Module (Effective Digital Media Planning and Programmatic Advertising) Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing Certificate for Module (Digital Branding and Experiential Marketing) 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers