Executive EducationLeadership Capital
Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 13 Mar 2021 (Sat)
- 6 months to 8 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
Employees are the biggest tool for an organization. Innovative products and services are the keys to business success in a VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) world. It is even more important for the leaders in an ever changing time to have the ability to influence human behaviours to achieve company goals.
If you would like to understand the latest psychological approaches on how to engage your employees to improve their performance and what it takes to manage the different personalities from various generations, how to build a company culture that fosters innovation and positive working environment, this programme is the right fit for you to acquire these daily imperatives.
WHY YOU SHOULD ENROL
In order to enhance organizational performance and a company’s bottom line, employers are investing more resources to stabilize a workforce, increase productivity, and improve office morale. It is observed that there is a demand for managerial psychology knowledge as well as its application in organization settings. With the fast changing and increasing complexity in organization environment, there is an obvious demand of managerial psychology professionals who understand the various facets of solid human and organization relationships.
This programme aims to provide executives from different professional fields, who aspire to become emerging leaders in the field, with the latest thinking, frameworks, methodologies and tools in managing people with the studies and knowledge from Psychology and Management. They are expected to come up with practical business solutions in different scenarios and to take up leadership positions in teams which they lead with the objective of achieving high performance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Middle to senior level people in:
Training and Coaching
Search for Self-understanding
WHAT THIS PROGRAMME IS ABOUT
The programme aims to provide students with:
- Knowledge and skills in managerial psychology to work effectively within a diversity of interpersonal situations;
- A conceptual base from which they can identify and analyse behaviours across individual level to group level;
- Psychological-based approaches and tools to enhance people management skills to achieve higher performance.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Apply effectively the different psychological approaches and synthesize them in managing individuals, teams, and organisation;
- Critically assess how to create an organisational culture for employees to achieve higher performance;
- Apply psychological concepts and theories in creating a positive environment for managing organisational change; and
- Manage different stakeholders effectively across diversified interpersonal situations.
To achieve what you want to be: successful, impactful and inspirational
Students can complete their PgCert studies in 6-8 months. Alternatively, they may participate in a wide range of Global Masters, Executive Workshops and Business Mission and Study Tours, Alumni and Networking Activities.
Ms. Peggy Lam
Ms. Peggy Lam is a registered Industrial-Organisational Psychologist and organisational development specialist with over 12 years’ working experience with global consulting firms like SHL Limited and YSC Limited. She has in-depth experiences partnering with HR and the line designing, driving and implementing integrated people strategies. She is specialized in executive assessment, leadership development, talent management, executive coaching, assessment & development centres, as well as recruitment & selection.
Peggy has extensive exposure to boards, senior executives, middle management and graduate populations. She has experience of working with global leading FTSE100 companies across a range of industries, sectors including but not limited to - FMCG, oil and gas, financial services, retail, pharmaceutical and airlines. Strong global leadership benchmarks gained through significant international and cross-cultural experience. She has designed and delivered assessment centres, leadership and development interventions in countries including the UK, China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Bangladesh, and Taiwan.
Peggy worked and stationed in London, Beijing and Shanghai for 7 years. She holds a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from the University of Hong Kong and obtained an M. Phil of Psychology from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
MS. ROSEMARIE YAU
PART-TIME LECTURER OF HKU SPACE,
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY COACH, CORPORATE TRAINER, MBTI CERTIFIED TRAINER, CERTIFIED SIX SECONDS EI PRACTITIONER
Ms. Rosemarie Yau is a Communication and Public Relations specialist with over 20 years of work experience, including ﬁrst half in the corporate world for multinational and Fortune 500 companies and the second half as a solopreneur managing a communication consultancy boutique that specialises in training and coaching for Communication effectiveness and strengths-based Personal Branding for career success.
Rosemarie specializes in Personal Branding, Strengths Application, Positive Psychology (PP) Visual and Verbal Communication. She was certified in Personal Brand Strategist Reach Communication Consulting (USA) and Train-the-Trainer HK International Human Resources Management.
Mr. Kin U
- Sat - Sun, 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Ms. Peggy Lam, Part-time Lecturer of HKU SPACE
- Ms. Rosemarie Yau, Part-time Lecturer of HKU SPACE, Positive Psychology Coach, Corporate Trainer, MBTICertified Trainer, Certified Six Seconds Ei Practitioner
- Mr. Kin U, Managing Partner of Signium Management Consulting
Offerings from HKU SPACE may come in different forms depending on the speciality nature of the disciplines in concern. Nevertheless, these offerings are all designed and delivered in accordance with the 4P Principle which gives the programmes the edge over similar offerings on the marketing.
4P – Perspective, Professional, Practical, Prospective
MODULE / WORKSHOP
TENTATIVE DATES & TIME
6 Mar 2021 (Sat)
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Psychology of Managing Individuals
13 - 14 Mar 2021 (Sat and Sun)
9:00am - 7:00pm
Positive Psychology and Emotional Intelligence
Influence and Persuasion
Employee Engagement Psychology
Psychology of Organisational Change
* Each module is one and a half months apart
** Schedule of the programme is subject to change and will be discussed with students.
1. Module Duration:
18 hours for each module | 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (Sat and Sun)
Lunch Session: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
2. The class schedule will be finalised by 1 month prior to the start of the programme and it is subject to change.
3. The programme will be held at Admiralty Learning Centre/ United Learning Centre.
ASSESSMENT FOR EACH MODULE
Group discussion, case analysis, experience sharing, role play and mutual reviews
An individual assignment in 2,000 words
(A)(i)hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; AND
(ii)have three years of full-time work experience in related industries.
(B)(i)hold an equivalent professional qualification(s) in a relevant discipline; AND
(ii)have five years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$30000
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
|COURSE CODE 44E10817A||FEES $30,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5633|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
Please complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application / course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres.Payment Method
1. CASH OR EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Leadership Capital