Business & ManagementHuman Capital Leadership
Executive Diploma in Training Management and Talent Development
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 04 Nov 2020 (Wed)
- 6 months to 12 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$15,600 per programme
The programme aims to equip students with essential knowledge to perform training and talent development functions in both local and global sectors. It also prepares students for the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) Certification Examination of the Association of Talent Development (ATD).
ON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME, STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Identity human performance gap and apply the knowledge of core instructional design, training delivery and training programme management to close the gap;
- Apply advanced talent development knowledge (including performance improvement, change management, integrated talent management, coaching and knowledge management) at the workplace;
- Apply the principles and practices of talent development globally, across cultures and borders; and
- Apply appropriate skills and strategies for taking CPLP examination.
This programme consists of 2 modules:
Module 1: Design and Delivery of Effective Training Programme
(10 Lectures and 3 Tutorial sessions)
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery
- Learning Technologies
- Evaluating Learning Impact
- Managing Learning Programmes
Module 2: Advanced Talent Development
(10 Lectures and 3 Tutorial sessions)
- Performance Improvement
- Integrated Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
- One In-class Test (50%)
- One Final Internal Examination (50%).
Certificate will be issued if students have completed with:
► 70% of Class Attendance, and
► Pass one In-class Test and one Final Internal Examination.
04, 11, 18, 25
02, 09, 16
06, 13, 20, 27
03, 10, 24
03, 10, 17, 24, 31
07, 14, 21, 28
05, 12, 26
*The class schedule is tentative. HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes if necessary.
Mr. Peter Yip
- MBA, CPLP, FHKIB, FHKIoD, FHKSoE
- CPLP credential holder, ATD Master Performance Consultant, President of Asia Pacific Professional Managers Association, President of ATD Hong Kong (2009-2013)
- 20 years of human resources management and consulting experience
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 26 session(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Applicants shall hold:
- a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
- professional qualifications in talent development.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$15,600 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to submit their application form together with:
- Certified true copies of both the academic awards and transcripts;
- Testimonials and other documentary proof of work experience;
- Copy of HKID card;
- A non-refundable crossed cheque for HK$150 payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ as the application processing fee.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Human Capital Leadership