Business & Management Human Capital Leadership
Executive Diploma in Training Management and Talent Development
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- To be confirmed
- 6 months to 1 year
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$15,600 per programme
The programme aims to equip students with the essential knowledge to perform training and talent development functions in both local and global sectors. It also prepares students for the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) Certification Examination of the Association of Talent Development (ATD).
ON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME, STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Identity human performance gap and apply the knowledge of core instructional design, training delivery and training programme management to close the gap;
- Apply advanced talent development knowledge (including performance improvement, change management, integrated talent management, coaching and knowledge management) at the workplace;
- Apply the principles and practices of talent development globally, across cultures and borders; and
- Apply appropriate skills and strategies for taking CPTD examination.
This programme consists of 2 modules:
Module 1: Design and Delivery of Effective Training Programme
(10 Lectures and 3 Tutorial sessions)
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery
- Learning Technologies
- Evaluating Learning Impact
- Managing Learning Programmes
Module 2: Advanced Talent Development
(10 Lectures and 3 Tutorial sessions)
- Performance Improvement
- Integrated Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
- One In-class Test (50%)
- One Final Internal Examination (50%).
Certificate will be issued if students have completed with:
► 70% of Class Attendance, and
► Pass one In-class Test and one Final Internal Examination.
Mr Peter Yip
- MBA, CPLP, FHKIB, FHKIoD, FHKSoE
- CPLP (Now CPTD) credential holder, ATD Master Performance Consultant, President of Asia Pacific Professional Managers Association, President of ATD Hong Kong (2009-2013)
- 20 years of human resources management and consulting experience
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 26 session(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Applicants shall hold:
- a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
- professional qualifications in talent development.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$15,600 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD$150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing.
b) Photocopies of HKID card
c) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
d) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Human Capital Leadership