Accounting & FinanceCorporate Governance
Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Secretaryship and Compliance)
證書 (單元: 香港特許秘書公會專業考試預備課程-公司秘書實務及合規)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 10 Aug 2020 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- February 2021
- 3 months
- Course Fee
The class is intended to be face-to-face teaching, in extenuating circumstance, face-to-face teaching would be replaced by online teaching.
The aim of this programme is for students to develop their knowledge and skills in compliance and governance. The knowledge and skills learnt prepare them for practice as a governance professional or a company secretary in a private, a non-governmental or a public listed companies and to prepare candidates to write the professional examinations of the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme, which is recognized worldwide. It is the students' responsibility to determine whether they are eligible to participate in the CGQP examination.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Illustrate the scope, role and functions of governance professional or company secretary and the various responsibilities of the company secretary, the board, management, shareholders and other stakeholders;
- Evaluate the company’s regulatory requirements, best practices and their interpretation and practice in the company secretarial governance professional function to ensure compliance;
- Advise the board on the expectations of and compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Advise the board on matters relating to various governance and legal compliance issues relating to shares and share capital;
- Advise the board on various governance and compliance issues in relation to continuing obligations, notifiable and connected transactions under the Listing Rules.
The role of the company secretary
- Effective board practices
- Trust or company service provider (TCSP)
- Company compliance
- Annual or integrated report
- External audit
- Securities exchange listing and regime
- Maintenance of records
- Company secretarial software
- Minutes and minute books
- Oversight by regulators
- Regulation and disclosure
- Non-Hong Kong company
- Meetings of shareholders and members
- Meetings of the board and its committees
- Shares, share capital, share register and debt capital
- Continuing obligations, Notifiable transactions and Connected transactions
* For details regarding the course / examination syllabus, schedule and studentship requirement, please refer to https://www.hkics.org.hk/page.php?menu_id=4&sub_menu_id=106 or 2881 6177.
The passing mark for course assessment is 50. Students who have successfully fulfilled the programme assessments (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes) will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE "Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Secretaryship and Compliance)".
*Assessment methods, class schedule, venue and teacher are subject to change without prior notice
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Class A)
- Tuesday, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Class B)
- 36 hours per programme; 12 session(s); 3 hours per session
- Any of the HKU SPACE’s Learning Centres in Hong Kong Island
- Mr Francis Yuen
- Any interested party of 21 years old or above
- Should be either a Hong Kong citizen or have valid permit to study in Hong Kong.
Students should check with HKICS that they meet HKICS’s requirements and are eligible to write the examinations.
- Course Fee : HK$4,050 (non-refundable and study materials included )
- ( *Course Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries Examinations Preparatory Programme - Corporate Secretaryship and Compliance)
證書 (單元: 香港特許秘書公會專業考試預備課程-公司秘書實務及合規)
|COURSE CODE 33C127318||FEES $4,050||ENQUIRY 2867-8317|
Continuing Education Fund
Assessment and Completion Requirements
To be eligible to claim CEF Reimbursement, students MUST successfully complete the courses (i.e. passed the assignment AND take home mock examination PLUS attended at least 70% of the classes).
For Continuing Education Fund (CEF) application procedures, please click here.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
CM (The HKICS Examinations Preparatory Programme – Corporate Secretaryship & Compliance)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here to apply online.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Corporate Governance