Business & Management Business Management
This programme aims to equip students with different frameworks of managing human behavior through change and examine change management techniques under different scenarios. The programme also discusses ways to resolve issues associated with change management.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
critically evaluate the need for organisational change;
apply techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of change and organisational development;
analyse resistance against change at individual, group and organisation levels;
evaluate different methods of managing the human aspects of changes;
apply the strategic leadership to organisational change;
apply and critically analyse the Organisational Change Management techniques in implementing business strategies; and
analyse and assess the resolution of various change issues.
In this 39 hours programme, the following topics will be covered:
- Overview of organisational change
- Diagnosing change
- Resistance to change
- Planning for change
- Managing and leading change
- Sustainability: making change last
- Contemporary issues in change management
Upon passing of all the continuous assessment, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE the “Certificate for Module (Culture and Change Management: Strategy and Practice)”.
- 13 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Student Duration and teaching mode
Part-time programme: Face-to-Face lecture
13 lectures: weekdays (7 - 10 pm) OR weekends (2 - 5 pm)
Study duration: 3-4 months (39 hours)
The medium of instruction: English
- 70% Attendance Requirement
- Coursework (Individual Written Report : 3,000 words)
- In-class Test (Case study / Essay-type Questions : 2 Hours)
- Online activities
|1||12 January 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|2||19 January 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|3||09 February 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|4||16 February 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|5||23 February 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|6||02 March 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|7||09 March 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|8||16 March 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|9||23 March 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|10||27 March 2023||Mon||19:00 - 22:00|
|11||30 March 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|12||13 April 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
|13||20 April 2023||Thu||19:00 - 22:00|
- hold a bachelor’s degree awards by a recognized institution; OR
- hold a professional qualification in a relevant discipline and three years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
*Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7,500 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD$150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment.
b) Photocopies of HKID card
c) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
d) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.