Life & Health SciencesPharmaceutical Studies
BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Science
- Awarded by
The University of Wolverhampton
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 05 Oct 2020 (Mon)
- 2 years
- Course Fee
This programme is a top-up honours degree programme suitable for students who wish to develop knowledge and understanding of modern pharmaceutical sciences, principles and processes of medicine design, manufacturing, quality control, and clinical evaluation.
- a 24-month part-time undergraduate programme
- taught by local pharmacists, lecturers, research scientists
- it covers the area of pharmaceutical science including pharmacology, pharmaceutical design and manufacture, biopharmaceutical, methods of analysis, quality assurance and delivery of pharmaceutical substances
Upon completion of this programme, the students are NOT eligible to sit Hong Kong pharmacist registration examination.
Year 1: Tuesday, Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons
Year 2: Monday, Wednesday, Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons
|Application Code||1850-HS072A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Modules for Year 1
Applicants should hold either:
- Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science awarded by HKU SPACE; or
- Associate of Health Science (Biomedical Sciences) awarded by HKU SPACE; or
- Higher Diploma in Medical and Health Products Management awarded by HPSHCC; or
- Higher Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology (Western Medicine)/Dispensing Studies/Pharmaceutical Science/Hospital Dispensing Studies awarded by HKIVE; or
- Higher Diploma in Pharmaceutical Dispensing# awarded by CBCC
# require to take an additional module of The Physicochemical Nature of Drugs (HK$8,000)
AND provide evidence of English proficiency, such as
- HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E, (Syllabus A) at Grade C or level 2; or
- HKDSE English Language at Level 2; or
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 6.0 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 100 or above in the internet-based TOEFL, with a score of 26 or above in reading and speaking sections, and a score of 24 or above in listening and writing sections; or
- equivalent qualifications
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$102,000
- (Year 1: HK$58,000 to be paid in 2 instalments)
- (Year 2: HK$44,000 to be paid in 2 instalments)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed form, together with the application fee $150 and the following supporting documents* should be submitted by the following methods on or before the application deadline.
1. Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
Photo of the documents by mobile phone is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
- by mailing to HKU SPACE, Pharmaceutical Studies, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Sheri Ip)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
* Each application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card
Certified photocopy of HD/ AdvDip certificate
Certified photocopy of HD/ AdvDip transcript
- Certified photocopy of DSE/ HKCEE and/or HKALE certificates (Examination results notification is NOT accepted)
- Certified photocopy of High School Diploma (if applicable)
1. CASH OR EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres; or
- mail the above documents to HKUSPACE, Pharmaceutical Studies, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Sheri Ip). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.