BusinessMarketing & Branding
Master of Science in Marketing with Festival & Event Management
- Awarded by
Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 12 Jun 2017 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- October 2017
- 20 months to 2 years
We offer a 10% discount in MSc course fee for all alumni who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from Edinburgh Napier University.
The MSc in Marketing with Festival and Event Management is two-year part-time programmes jointly offered by Edinburgh Napier University and HKU SPACE since Year 2010. Edinburgh Napier is based in one of the most important global destinations for tourism, festival and events. The University's postgraduate programmes were developed to support international tourism and event management development. The programmes aimed to equip students with the knowledge and intellectual capabilities to successfully develop a career in marketing, festival and event management.
- The programme leads to a Master's degree in Marketing with Festival and Event Management offered by the UK university.
- The programme is now as relevant in Hong Kong as in Edinburgh and we are delighted to make them available to Hong Kong marketing, tourism, festival and event professionals.
- Equip students with both theory and knowledge to practise marketing at strategic level
- Students will acquire the blend of skills needed to be a successful marketer including decision-making and problem-solving in complex, unpredictable and fast changing environment, initiative and personal responsibility and the independent learning ability needed for continuing professional develop.
- Holders of the MSc in Marketing with Festival and Event Management with appropriate practical experience are eligible for CIM Membership and for progression to Chartered Marketer status.
- Truely a great choice for practising professional in pursuit of higher education
This is a part-time programme. Students can choose to start in February, June or October.
These are exempted courses under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which these courses may lead.
- Any HKU SPACE Learning Centres
- Principles and Practice of Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Strategic Brand Management
- International Festival and Event Management
- International Business Event Management (formerly known as International Conference Management)
- Research Methods
One option module from:
- Marketing Communications
- Global Marketing
- Direct and Digital Marketing
*Assessment is based on coursework and final examination.
Classes will held on weekday evenings and weekends
Applicants should hold:
- An undergraduate degree at Honours level from a recognised university; OR
- An undergraduate degree from a recognised university PLUS no less than one year’s experience in marketing or sales or three years general working experience; OR
- An appropriate professional qualification e.g. CIM Diploma in Marketing, HKU SPACE Diploma in Marketing awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE, PLUS no less than one year’s experience in marketing or sales or three years general working experience.
Entry as an Affiliate Student If you do not meet the above requirements, but have five or more years of marketing experience, you may enter as an Affiliate Student. Your application will be reviewed individually and, if successful, will allow you to study the two modules in the first trimester of the programme, Principles and Practice of Marketing and Consumer Behavior, as an Affiliate Student. If you pass these modules, you will be able to proceed with the rest of the programme.
- £8500 (Full Programme)
- £7200 (With Exemptions)
Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland, UK
Edinburgh Napier’s foundations were laid in 1964 and it became a university in 1993. Edinburgh Napier University takes its name from the 16th Century mathematician, John Napier, who is best known for the invention of logarithms. It is now one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland with more than 17,000 students. The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise reported that many areas of Edinburgh Napier’s research are world-leading or of international excellence. In 2009, Napier became Edinburgh Napier University, changing its name to better reflect its location in Scotland’s capital and to strengthen its appeal worldwide. The Queen’s Anniversary Prize 2009 was awarded to the University’s Building Performance Centre for its innovative work on the reduction of noise transmission in new homes. The prize is the most distinguished award that can be made to a UK institution for higher or further education and Edinburgh Napier was the only university in Scotland to receive the prize on this occasion. In 2011, Edinburgh Napier was described as one of Scotland’s top universities for graduate employability by the Higher Education Statistics Agency. The University motto is “NISI SAPIENTIA FRUSTRA” – meaning ‘Without wisdom, all is in vain’.
The Business School's reputation for academic excellence is enhanced and supported by considerable research and consultancy in business and the strong links it maintains with industry. Around 2,500 of the Business School's 7,000 students are in Hong Kong, where it is long-established. Edinburgh Napier University is the largest provider of UK education in Hong Kong.