BusinessFinance and Investment
Chartered Financial Analyst Level 1 Education Programme
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 09 Aug 2017 (Wed)
- Next intake(s)
- 2 months to 4 months
- 2017 August Class: Cantonese; 2017 September Class: English
- Course Fee
- HK$8,900 (including comprehensive set of notes, Wiley study materials)
HKU SPACE is pleased to offer the CFA® Level 1 Education Programme...
English Class starts Sept 2 on SAT afternoons
HKU SPACE is pleased to offer the CFA® Level 1 Education Programme to help candidates prepare for the forthcoming examinations in December , 2017. 香港大學專業進修學院現開辦特許金融分析師一級研習課程，此課程針對同學預備2017 年度12月舉行的公開考試。
Instructor (2017 August Class): Mr. Mike Hui, MSc., CFA®. Mr. Hui is a veteran in the investment and banking industry. He has over 15 years of working experience in a merchant bank and a listed brokerage firm and over 10 years of teaching experience in various tertiary institutions, including HKU SPACE and professional bodies covering finance and banking courses. He has been delivering CFA revision courses for the past 5 years and the CFPCM Investments module for the past 10 years with very positive feedback. Currently he is a Sales Director in a listed investment consultant firm. Mike is a CFA charterholder. He has a Master of Science degree in Finance from the Chinese University of HK.
Instructor (2017 September Class): Dr. Joseph Chan is an experienced trainer and consultant in the field of finance. He has been teaching numerous courses at the postgraduate level and providing consultancy to different financial institutions. He obtained his doctoral degree in finance at the University of Mississippi. Prior to returning to Hong Kong, Dr. Chan had served as a research analyst and adjunct professor in the US.
Information about CFA eligibility requirements, examination application, membership and the CFA charter is available from:
- CFA Institute(US) website, http://www.cfainstitute.org/
- CFA Institute (Asia Pacific) telephone: 2868 2700
Please note that CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by organisations sponsoring or providing CFA examination preparation materials or programmes, nor does CFA Institute verify pass rates or exam results claimed by such organizations. CFA is a licensed service mark of CFA Institute. For general information on the CFA programme, please look up The CFA Institute website: http://www.cfainstitute.org/.
|Start Date||2017-08-09 (Wed)|
|Start Date||2017-09-02 (Sat)|
|Start Date||2018-01-10 (Wed)|
|Start Date||2018-04-28 (Sat)|
Days / Time
- Mon, Wed, Sat -
- 60 hours
The August 2017 Tentative Class Schedule on weekdays from 18:45-22:00 (Langague: Cantonese):
- August 9, 16, 23, 30
- September 6, 13, 20, 27
- October 4, 11, 18, 23, 25
- November 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20
The September 2017 Tentative Class Schedule on Saturdays from 14:00-19:00 (Langague: English):
- September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- October 7, 14, 21
- November 4, 11, 18, 25
There are no specific entry requirements. However, students should check the requirements of the CFA Institute to ensure that they qualify to sit for the CFA examinations.
- HK$8,900 (including comprehensive set of notes, Wiley study materials)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Chartered Financial Analyst Level 1 Education Programme
|COURSE CODE 23Z01930-4||FEES $8,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8468|
|Continuing Education Fund
This programme has been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the programme.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Finance and Investment